Sunday, July 7, 2013
she said Strawberry Salad
What's new? The main detail of my life lately is still work. I was so glad to have a nice break this weekend but I can already feel my palms sweating when I remember that tomorrow is Monday. Ugh. Why can't we be a millionaires & not have to work most days of our life?
In the meantime, I am also still very much in search of cooling dishes. This salad from Recipe Redux was perfect. Sweet, light, & oh so easy. It got me to the farmer's market this weekend for a spring mix & fresh strawberries. I was also able to use up some walnuts I had, in place of the pecans. This recipe is a keeper for sure.
Hope you are doing great, staying cool, & will hear from you soon.
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 ice cube
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
3 cups spring mix
1 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1. In small saucepan, heat vinegar & sugar until sugar is dissolved (about 1-2 minutes). Stir frequently.
2. Remove from heat & add ice cube.
3. Whisk in salt & poppy seeds. Slowly add oil, while whisking.
4. Mix well & use immediately or store in refrigerator.
5. Add spring mix, walnuts & strawberries to a large bowl.
6. Toss with just enough dressing to coat the greens.
7. Top with feta cheese.