My work week is done and all I can say is can I get an AMEN. It has been borderline grueling at work completing our holiday orders, but I am proud to admit that I found some time to dabble in my kitchen at home with some chocolate. I love this tart and so does the family. The best result after long days in the kitchen. The chocolate pecan filling comes from Alice Medrich and it will not disappoint. Not only is pecan filling an easy one to accomplish, it is also quite rewarding. Enjoy.
Chocolate Short Dough
12 oz unsalted butter chilled and cubed
3 cups subtract 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
7 1/2 tablespoons + 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa
1 1/2 cups + 6 tablespoons powered sugar
3 large egg yolks
1. Cream the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly add the yolks one a time, making sure to scrape the bowl.
2. Add the flour and cocoa, scrape bowl.
3. Remove dough from bowl and wrap in plastic wrap, chill.
4. Roll out dough into a 10 inch tart shell and par bake.
Chocolate Pecan Filling via Alice Medrich - Bittersweet
8 oz pecan halves toasted
2 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 tablespoon bourbon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1. Combine the chocolate, corn syrup and butter in heat proof bowl and melt using a double boiler on the stove. Make sure to stir occasionally just until the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and stir in the brown sugar, salt, bourbon, and vanilla. Add the eggs and stir to combine.
2. Pour toasted pecans into par baked shell and then pour the chocolate filling over the pecans. Bake at 350F until the filling is set. When nudged, the filling will not move and when touched in the center it should give a little. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.